3 April 2011

Day seven: Your knitting and crochet time

The final day already! This has been a wonderful week, and I enjoyed reading your comments and blogposts immensely!


(2KCBWDAY7)
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.


Crafting, for me, is mostly therapeutic and helps me take my mind off things. My typical crafting time is therefore any time I feel like grabbing hook or needles and forgetting what I was working on, whether that was a homework assignment that simply wouldn't go right, or the veritable mountain of laundry that just doesn't want to fold itself despite me cheering them on.

As you could see in the post for Day 3, I have yarn and hooks and needles in spaces all around the house. Projects are usually stuffed in a bag or box so I can take them out easily and work on the project on the couch, or behind my desk, which is where I practice new stitches or techniques (Oh Youtube, let me count the ways I love thee).

But if I do take the time to really sit down and craft, I make sure I'm alone and in front of the tv.

I think this picture is very typical for how I fill the space around me during crafting time. There's yarn EVERYWHERE, the remote for the tv within an arm's reach, and something to drink nearby. I nestle myself in the corner of the couch, with two fluffy, big cushions behind my back, pull my feet up, and crochet or knit. And relax.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to have a couch like that to nestle in while crafting. It looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crochet is my zen, it lets my mind relax and worries drift away. Isn't it great?

    So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous couch - I covet your corner :-) Those granny squares are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you accessorized your couch with those pillows and the bright granny squares!

    ReplyDelete