23 July 2010

Inspired by Attic24

Anyone aquainted with the crochet-blogosphere must already know about Attic24's Lucy and her amazingly cheerful use of colours and love of anything adorable. Also, she's amazingly friendly and sweet herself, so much that her cheerfulness rubs off on you just by reading her blog!
Anywho. I joined the Ravelry-group We Love Lucy, where I not only found tons of friendly people and inspirational photographs but also several Dutch bloggers and Ravelers who pointed me to an online shop with cheap, nice, colourful yarn that would not cost me TONS to order because it's coming from the other side of the world. I've been having a bit of difficulty finding yarn I liked to use for a project in the shops I usually go to, and this shop really has a good collection. And makes me want to go to the actual shop in Apeldoorn.
I ordered a heaping helping of yarn to make a special, Lucy-inspired project for a special person who I shall not name because that person might read my blog. Of course, I can't show you the project itself, but I will show you my colourboard! (and as you can see, I put a lot of time and effort in this, obviously)


IRL, the colours will be brighter, and probably not put in this order, because it's a bit dark this way. Oh, and just in case you're wondering: no, it won't be a blanket. Too much work, not enough time. Now all I have to do is get my yarn, get cracking, and maybe hurry over to the market one Saturday in the near future to see if the fabrics guy has a nice fabric I can use for lining. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment